Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oviedo and the Garcia/Alonso Family

We got up the next morning and just laid around for a couple of hours talking and playing with the kids. They have a dog named Casper and Sadie was in love. Andrew really liked the dog as well but Sadie and Casper had an instant love affair. It was so sweet and cute watching her play all day with this dog but it also made me kind of afraid that we might have to get a dog one day. I'm not a dog person, and I'm not sure I want to be.

A little later Lino, Chiti, their daughter Sara and her boyfriend Manuel took us out to see their town, Oviedo. What a beautiful city. There are sculptures on every corner and every time we turned around we were headed into another pretty little plaza. All we really had time for was an hour or two in town because Chiti's Mom was going to be making us some paella back at the house.

When we got home Beatriz (Lino's second daughter) and Chiti's parents were waiting for us with some yummy food. It was a full on spread fit for kings. I had the BEST coquets that I have ever had, and the paella was of course outstanding. I watched her make it hopping that I could recreate it one of these days. We then topped it off with a homemade chocolate mouse cake made by Sara. It was amazing. Afterward we just hung out in the back yard watching the kids run around with the dog and enjoyed each others company.

Unfortunately, our time was short and around 6 Nick, the kids, and I were headed back to Madrid (Nick had to work the next day) while my parents spent one extra day with them. Andrew was so sad leaving Sara, they formed a special bond, and has asked about her multiple times since we've been home.

I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to meet and get to know those great people even if it was for such a short time. On our way home Nick and I were already trying to plan a trip up north again.

No comments: