Monday, April 27, 2009

Girls night with...Joss Stone


I am finally getting time to do some blogging while Andrew is napping.
Well, the other day my friend Whitney called me up to see if I was up for going to a concert. She and our friend Kinohi had gotten free tickets off of Twitter for Joss Stone that night. I was excited because I knew who Joss Stone was, but I couldn't think of any of her music but I remembered liking it.
Well, she turned out being way better in person than I would've thought. Lots of energy, and she was pretty sassy with the crowd. I am a little sad that I didn't get a picture of the creppy guy in front of us but he kind of scared me. Everytime she would turn her head to our side of the stage he would throw his arms up and yell her name until he thought she heard/saw him (I don't see how she could've missed it) I think because of this she favored the other side a bit but who could blame her? I was a little creeped out for her. Although he did make me wonder for a split second if that is how BBMAK felt about Marisa and I (if you don't know what I am referring to, believe me its better that way.or if you really want to know come over and if you're luckly you'll see the album) But then I remembered that we were two super cute 18 year olds and not a nasty 40-something crazy with a wedding ring on.
But I have to say that the best part were her back up singers. There were three of them and they were great! The one farthest from us was the quintessential back up girl. Cool, good voice and not to showy. The guy in the middle was just brusting at the seems for not being center stage, all his moves were exagerated and you could tell he wasn't content being the one in the backround. The one closest to us was the best! She had serious attitude in everything she did, her dancing had attitude and her facial expesions were classic, she was by far my favorite. Check out the video to see what I'm talking about.
All and all we had a great night, it's always good to get out for some girl time.

No comments: